What's Cooking in Carolina?

Mainly creative menus and recipes (usually healthy) and always from scratch with tips for party planning, theme parties, weddings and decorating tips so you can give swank parties or dinners to delight your guests from a part time caterer, owner/operator of a coming soon Entree Vous, but mainly a cook and eater who grows much of her own food and loves to laugh.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ratatouille! The food not the movie!

We are really busy and very behind in the gardening and putting up of veggies and I am writing instead of canning so I must make this brief.

Last several days ago I stopped by the market to grab a few meats for dinner, as we have enough veggies. I bought several big boneless pork chops and they had chicken breasts, but one get one free so I did. One night we had the first few breast pounded out and stuffed with fontina and sage, rolled and grilled. The next we had breaded grilled pork chops (the recipe is on the website) and it is wonderfully juicy! Since I had the breading I went ahead and breaded up the squash and grilled it too.




Yesterday, I skinned and boned the rest of the chicken, cut it into strips and marinated in jerk sauce (also on the website). When we came from the garden at half past eight with a picking of tomatoes, eggplant, squash, basil, peppers, and cucumbers, I didn't have an inkling of what I was going to have for dinner, then it hit me! Ratatouille!



Even though we haven't had time to go see the movie, there is was right there in front of me, so in about 15 minutes (who needs 30 minutes), we had jerk chicken, ratatouille, grilled corn on the cob and cucumbers in vinegar! Summer time is great!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 4:03 AM, Blogger Katie Zeller said…

    I want that dinner!
    I picked my first tiny zucchini the other day.... the corn will be a few weeks yet but, at least there's hope. No hope at'all for the tomatoes.
    Thank the gods for the markets.
    On the other hand I've got more plums than I (and the birds)know what to do with - and bramble berries....

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger Deborah Dowd said…

    That dinner looks fabulous! I wish had that variety of produce in my yard! And its really a treat to read about ratatouille that is not a vermin!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Food Blog
Top Sites