What's Cooking in Carolina?

Mainly creative menus and recipes (usually healthy) and always from scratch with tips for party planning, theme parties, weddings and decorating tips so you can give swank parties or dinners to delight your guests from a part time caterer, owner/operator of a coming soon Entree Vous, but mainly a cook and eater who grows much of her own food and loves to laugh.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Entrée Vous

Yes, we opened November 16th to the public after many delays which I am sure you do not want to hear about. We were the 42nd Entree Vous to open. I don't have pictures of the kitchen (had a break-in during the night several weeks ago and they took my petty cash and my digital camera). Business is slower than we'd like but growing. The challenging part is getting people in for the first time. Unless you come in, you don't get it. It IS a meal assembly kitchen AND fresh Take&Bake (a gourmet dinners to go kind of thing). Once guests realize that they can get really good food for incredibly cheap prices to eat at home, they are hooked because the food wonderful. This is a picture of one of the items on the menu, the Mesa Verde Flank Steak. It is delicious,beautiful and at less than $5 per serving you can't beat it.



We love the guests, we just need more of them.

Sorry I haven't written (or read). I am working a lot of hours to get this off the ground and have no spare time. Only a small window today because I have the flu and doctor's orders to stay away from food and the public.

Hopefully, when business picks up enough for me to hire more people, I'll be back in the blogs. In the meantime, if you know anyone in the Chapel Hill, Durham, Pittsboro area of beautiful NC, send them over to try us. If they say they got sent by a fellow blogger, I'll give them 10% off. I am having fun; this is really a happy job and I know they will love it!

I hope this finds you healthy and happy. I would love to get a quick note about how ya'll are doing until I have time to read more.

Take care until next time!

Miss you all!

Pookah

ps What's in the kitchen, you ask? Chicken Noodle Soup. Didn't you read the part where I have the flu??

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Katie Zeller said…

    I've been wondering how things were going! There is a benefit to being sick...occasionally....
    Hang in there - they'll come! (But you know that)

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Deborah Dowd said…

    Congratulations on your opening! I am sure if your food looks like what is pictured, you will have tons of clients in no time. Take care of yourself!

     
  • At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats to you!!!
    This is sure to take off... I just know it.

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Deborah Dowd said…

    Glad to hear you are finally open! It is only a matter of time till they are lining up around the block. Hope you are recovered from the flu!

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wish you much success on your business venture, it sound very exciting! Hope all is going very well for you.

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger www.ifoods.tv said…

    Hi There. I have just been looking through your blog and it is excellent. I have now bookmarked it and will be a regular reader. I especially like the design and the photos. I am a blogger myself and have set up a site called http://www.ifoods.tv where bloggers and foodies can share their photos and drive traffic to their own blog. Would love to see some of your great photos on there! Keep the great work up on the blog. Cheers!

     
  • At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There is a good benefit year of occasional, I hope this finds you healthy and happy. I would love to get a quick note about how ya'll are doing until.

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The food looking good. Thanks for your post.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Food Blog
Top Sites